Saturday, September 3, 2011

Lost Contact

I have lost a lot of contact with my parts.  A lot of communication that use to be there is now gone.  Basically all of it.  Has anyone else experienced this?  Any thoughts?  There was a time, a long time ago, when I wasn't ever able to work with them.  I couldn't help them and didn't really know that they even existed.  I knew I lost time.  I knew I didn't have all the pieces to my past, but until a few years ago I didn't know that they were completely split from who I thought I was.  I'm not sure if they knew we were split or if they thought the same way I did.  I have come a long way over the years.  What if that doesn't matter and those parts of me are now trapped back in the past so strongly that I have to start at square one.  I can't deal with that.  I know it will break me.

Anyways, I am guessing that parts are stuck. Not all of them, but maybe some?  What does it mean to have parts stuck?  How do they get there?  What I mean by this is that they aren't reachable.  They aren't reachable because they are stuck in a past memory.  I'm not sure if saying they are stuck is the best way to describe it though.

I don't know what to do.  I'm loosing time.  That makes me nervous.  I have been trying to stay up and in control, but no matter what I do I still can't account for all of my time.  I decided to make a list of things that have changed in my outward life to see if I can backtrack what's changed my inside life.

-New baby
-Moved
-Oldest started kindergarten
-Busy support people
-Very little therapy
-Husband away at school
-No money
-Not sleeping much

Ok.  Those are the big changes that people looking on the outside would notice.  I may have missed one or two, but that's what stands out to me at this moment.  Now I'm going to list a few things that have been going on in my head.  Thoughts that have been negative that may be affecting my lack of communication with the rest of my system.

-I'm a bad mom
-I'm an awful wife
-I miss having an extended family
-People are too busy for me
-I want to hurt myself
-I dwell on death
-I'm fat
-I'm not attractive
-I hate being married to a med student
-I pity myself

That's a good start.  I have more, but I'm not finding it helpful to list everything.  I guess there are a lot of possibilities as to why things are the way they are.  I'm still sad about it.  I still am sick to my stomach about it.  I still cry in the middle of the night about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment